Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Free Kindle Book Blog Introduction

This is a STICKY Post: Because of other commitments, this blog will only occasionally be updated. Readers are encouraged to check out some of the great books I have mentioned in the past, but most titles are no longer free.
[Revised on April 10, 2015]


This blog has covered a wide range of free, well-written books for all kinds of readers (including English native speakers, not just students). You can read these books on any computer, pad or smart phone (Android or iPhone/iPad).
Amazon provides free apps here: 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/kcp-landing-page

If you don't know how to apply for a free Amazon account, my language learning blog tells you how How to Apply for an Amazon Account
http://cute-language-learning.blogspot.tw/2014/09/how-to-apply-for-amazon-account.html


The first two topics below will be especially useful to help build up vocabulary and general knowledge for young people (especially homeschoolers and EFL/ESL students). Because most of my students speak Mandarin, I will usually include brief reviews in English and Chinese.


1
 Non-fiction for Children and Young Adults
2
 Fiction for Children and Young Adults
3
 Biology, Medicine and Nature
4
 Software & Internet Guides
5
 History & Biography
6
 Education
7
 Religion
8
 Humor
9
 Travel & Geography
10
 Fantasy & Science Fiction
11
 Business & Entrepreneurship
12
 Chemistry, Physics & Engineering
13
 Lexicography, Linguistics, and Language Study
14
 Any other topics that I consider to be worthwhile

Whew! That is a wide range of topics to include in one blog. What am I excluding? Books that espouse or promote immoral ideas, except maybe to criticize them (it’s my blog, so I get to decide!). 

Even if a book is no longer free (this usually happens a few days after they are posted, but sometimes the prices go up only one day later), I will usually leave a post on my blog because I feel that it provides good value for money. Books which are no longer free will be be moved to an earlier date.

No comments:

Post a Comment